lube for gas oven

I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry
on 1/23/2009 9:46 AM (ET) jp wrote the following:

I'll bet that all oven doors, and all other appliance doors, squeak. I'd notice more if they didn't squeak. :-) With the heat generated, no petroleum products would last long. You might try the white lube that is used on car doors. I don't know what it's made from, but I don't think it is petroleum based. You can get it in a car parts store.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Thanks bill, ill try that, henry

Silicone grease should do nicely. Easily available in auto parts stores identified as spark plug boot lube or grease. Since it can survive exhaust manifold heat, oven temperatures will be no problem. Can't burn, either.
Joe

thanks joe, sounds good, henry

Mine squeeks too, and has been for 18 years. If it didn't I'd think there is something wrong. You can give a light brushing of Crisco onto the springs.
On 1/23/2009 6:46 AM jp spake thus:

Use the same stuff they put in muffler bearings.
--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by