Lowes vs. HD....

What's sad is

  1. The Warehouse Store don't know what's in its own warehouse.
  2. That you STILL don't get this. No surprise, tho.

Dood, I wadn't asking for a landscaping consultation, or an explanation of nitrogen fixing in the root system of plants, a'ight? All's I wanted to know was, Do you have effing Arbor Vitaes?? without being hung up on 3 times, in the span of 1/2 hr. Thanks gawds for speaker phones, lemme tell you....

Reply to
Existential Angst

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 06 Dec 2012

14:03:52 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Gee, suddenly the don't want free publicity! Now that _is_ a miracle.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Same deal I offered ATT Longlines when five of our ten our WATS lines died just befoe a telethon. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 07 Dec 2012

01:43:34 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

The old saying was "Never Argue with a man who buys his ink by the barrel"

Now it is "Do not pick a fight with a man who buys pixels by the terabyte."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

My Lowe's has stopped selling taps and dies.

Reply to
John Doe

Holy s#*t, talk about a clueless nut job!

WoW! Talk about is guy who's off his meds. It's either that or he's been smoking a batch! He's so far to the left he thinks Karl Marx is a fiscal conservative.

Reply to
Dick Adams

Around here, Lowe's and Home Depot offers a 10% disabled Veteran's discount.

Reply to
Ray

"When at the carnival, don't insult the guy with the microphone".

Reply to
krw

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 06:52:21 -0700, Ray wrote in Re Re: Lowes vs. HD....:

How do they verify veteran status?

Reply to
CRNG

No need to be disabled. They'll give the discount to all veterans. Lowes will also give a 5% discount for using their card.

DD-214, usually.

Reply to
krw

Year round, or just Veteran's day & Memorial day?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not so much:

The Home Depot offers a year-round, 10 percent discount, up to a $500 maximum, at our U.S. stores to all active duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families. We offer this discount to thank them for their outstanding service to this nation and to help make their homes more comfortable and safe. Customers requesting the discount should present a valid military ID.

In addition, a 10 percent discount is also offered in recognition of Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day and Veterans Day at all U.S. Home Depot stores for all other military veterans.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I see large truckfulls from The Home Depot being delivered. Got Lowes here, as well as Busy Beaver, 84 Lumber, and others.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

The local HD told me they only offer it on the two days I stated, a few months ago.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They have a number to call if you are refused the discount.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

It has been an on again, off again policy for almost a decade around here. HD's latest change is in response to Lowe's updated policies.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I just left, and went across the street to Lowe's.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Right. I'm told that many managers will give it to any vet, anytime, if they ask. Store managers (even department managers) have a lot of leeway.

Reply to
krw

My experience is that HD is crap. Lowe's only slightly better. Went to get two 12' 2 x 12's, and the WHOLE PALLET had a split in the same place on the end of evey board running 18". Went to HD, and found two out of about 100 that were decent, but would not have bought them if I wasn't in a time crunch.

If you want GOOD lumber, you will go to a lumber yard, as they carry sizes and grades you can't find at the Borgs. Kinda depends on the project, and, as stated, if they give you a break for having an account, etc. But I think any lumber yard has better lumber on average than either Lowe's or HD.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

wrote

HD contractor's desk sells the wrong sized doors just like any other outfit. Just more often.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B