Lowes Paint Counter vs. A Real Paint Store

I used to have one nearby. I'd go in and tell the owner I was going to get some pipe. Then I'd go downstairs, cut and thread whatever I needed and bring it up to the counter. He never measured, but took my measurements to price it and off I'd go.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This gives me an idea. My HD has a self service miter boxes for cutting trim. Maybe I'll go cut myself and sue them back to the stone ages.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

"dpb"

Changing a light bulb is too dangerous for the average person, and anyone attempting to do such an activity is, by definition, irresponsible. Call a professional when you need a job like this done, and call the police to report anyone attempting to circumvent light bulb changing laws.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Bullshit. Just take the 10 hour training course and you can be certified to change both incandescent and florescent bulbs. Halogen is a separate course.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

on 9/7/2007 3:50 PM Edwin Pawlowski said the following:

I failed it the first time and had to go to summer school.

Reply to
willshak

My experience with the big boxes: If it's not a stock color or the computer color match doesn't get the match right, you're toast. They normally don't know jack about tweaking.

Guys at paint stores know colorants and how to tweak. Not all of them, mind you -- it's rather amusing to see the formula written on the can involving 8 colorants and the color is basically Light Tan. One mistake requires an additional colorant to kill the mistake, so the final formula can get quite "wordy".

Reply to
Hopkins

We have something like that near me. He doesn't send me to the cellar to cut and thread pipe, but he did roll off a bunch of 12-2 UF and charge me less than HD for a longer piece. I do try to bring him my business, when possible.

Reply to
Christopher Young