Lowes Black Friday

Page 3 of 3
On 11/14/2010 7:18 PM, Robert Green wrote:

OK I get it now. That one shown in the link looks fairly small, if you have that one or another small one, could you possibly give me the dimensions?

the
some
I'm
the
$50
always
connected
$10
switched to

The 7AH batteries are 6" by 4" by 2.5" and weigh quite a bit. I use them on a cord because they are just a little too heavy to mount at the end of the drill. The 3AH batteries come in a lot smaller at 2.5 by 2.5 by 5.5" and a lot lighter and are no heavier than the NiCads that came with the unit. Answering Steve's question here, I charge them with a two-stage 1A float charger I got that is designed specifically for gel cells (different rates for basic charging and float charging). It cost me $10 at Allelectronics. I'll bet Harbor Freight has one cheaper.
The float charger is used to to keep the battery topped off. I have a 33AH wheelchair battery that my battery powered sump runs from and I keep the float charger attached to that most of the time. Occasionally it's pressed into service to charge the drill battery. The float chargers put out just a trickle once the battery reaches its full charge. I'll post the model number of the charger when I get a moment.
-- Bobby G.
On 11/10/2010 10:46 PM, Red Green wrote:

This isn't the same page I got when I first looked here? I could have sworn it looked like a flyer with sale items.