Lower flow after new ac/heat

Hello:
I just had a new AC and Heating unit installed. It seems that the flow of air is less than with the old Lennox. The previous system was a 3 ton and this is supposed to be a 3.5 ton. I increased by .5 because i wanted it to be a bit stronger to reach some further rooms. However it seems that the opposite has happened.
Can anyone tell me what ton my blower is based on this information? And any suggestions. I have had the installed come out and all vents are between 300-500 cfm. temperature drop is 22 degrees.
Carrier Furnace 58CTA090-14 Carrier Coil CNPVP3617ACAABAA
Thanks

Have you talked to your installer about this? Some blower motors are multi-speed. They may have the cooling set on a slower speed.
snipped-for-privacy@gearyworld.com wrote: ...

Tonnage and fan air quantity/velocity aren't related directly -- in fact, physically they're completely independent of each other.
Tonnage refers to the actual amount of cooling capacity while what you're talking about is actual air flow.
Sounds like what you need is to work on a balance problem and perhaps more return air.
Your installer should be able to give the total rated air movement data for your unit and compare that to what you had before to see how the two relate. One would presume a 3.5T unit would rate at or above a 3T but it's not necessarily so as noted since the two factors aren't directly related.
As someone else noted, it might be there's a higher fan speed that isn't being used or a higher fan speed might be an option.
Was ducting changed/modified?

Of course the lower fan speeds are quieter.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:32:47 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gearyworld.com

Toneage is a measurement only used for measuing cooling and is the equivelent mass of ice used per day from the technology of a hundred years ago.
Blowers aren't measured in toneage. They're measured in CFM.
On Aug 12, 7:32pm, snipped-for-privacy@gearyworld.com wrote:

Is filter different, is it a 2 speed blower set on low. Less air flow removes more humidity, talk to the installer.
On Aug 12, 7:32pm, snipped-for-privacy@gearyworld.com wrote:

Maybe the new unit is quieter, does it cool less well was freon checked.
On Aug 12, 8:32pm, snipped-for-privacy@gearyworld.com wrote:

This is a single stage blower. The black wire (highest speed) is attached to the blower for AC. The installed did check this when he came back out.
I called Carrier and they said the CNPVP3617ACAABAA is 3 ton coil. However the carrier person was not very trustworthy.
So i do not know if it is 3 or 3.5 and i do not know if that matters or not. I did notice that out of the three pieces (furnace, coil, compressor) all are the Performance line but the coil is Comfort line.
I notice from the specification sheets that the highest SEER is obtained with a 5 ton coil connected to a 3.5 ton condenser.
Have the guy pull out your 3 ton coil and replace it with a 5 ton coil.