Lowe's is terrible, I hope someone here can help

I've had a long problem with Lowe's stores, and today was the straw that broke the camels back.

I have put together a letter that I will be sending to all the boards members at Lowe's but I would also like to email it to them so they receive it today.

Does anybody have the email address for any of the boards members at Lowe's or do you know how to address email to Lowe's executives i.e. name @ lowes.com, first name last snipped-for-privacy@lowes.com etc.?

Any help would be GREALY appreciated

Felix

Reply to
fk89

No idea, but a well written letter on nice paper gets better attention than an email that can get lost amidst the spam.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What was the problem?

Reply to
John Harlow

Reply to
fk89

Wow - interesting. I was considering ordering a non-standard door from them as well. Good luck and keep us posted.

Reply to
John Harlow

After six months, I'd say you are well within your rights to involve the BBB and perhaps your local newspaper's and TV station's consumer assistance folks. Embarass them if nothing else into coughing up either the door (not likely) or your refund along with an apology.

Be sure to file a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau. If nobody else can get them to move, the BBB probably will.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

In all honestly I do not believe the door size is/was the problem, it's the employees at this location that's the problem.

Felix

Reply to
fk89

As they say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". I'm sure it'll eventually turn out OK but it's a bummer you have to go to extraordinary measures. I suppose the store manager has been uncooperative too?

Reply to
John Harlow

If it's been that long and they can't/won't get a commitment, I'd simply write a cancellation notice and make sure it was mailed/receipt required to the store manager (after discussing the issue w/ him, of course). Hopefully you placed the order on a charge card as that will make contesting a charge simpler.

Going to corporate will probably no help much until you've exhausted your avenues w/ local store although getting the regional manager involved will probably help.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

A little late to suggest this now, but if it was me, I would have investigated the practicality of adding a 1/4" thick strip of wood to the top edge of the door to save the cost and trouble of ordering a "special" sized door.

To be more specific about your question, this page will give you the address of Lowes' corporate headquarters and a toll free phone number.

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Did you use a credit card? If so, maybe you can contact the card issuer and file a fraud complaint - goods not received.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Seems like a legitimate complaint. Failure to deliver is a legitimate problem. You can also try the credit card company if you used one, or small claims court. Six weeks would not be unusual, but 6 MONTHS sure is a reason to bitch. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"They" also say, "The Quacking duck gets shot".

BTW - I believe it is illegal for a company to actually charge your credit card for an item until it actually gets shipped. Worth checking into!

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

As a former Lowes employee, let me assure you that the corporate executives ARE a problem, not a solution for a problem. Almost every bad experience you have with a local store can be directly traced back to corporate policy strictly enforced on local store managers. They are little more than string puppets for the executive offices. And that has a direct bearing on Lowes 85% employee turnover rate.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

I know that alot of the people on this NG are homeowners and not professionals in construction. As a professional, my jaw drops to the floor when I read this kind of statement.

Here is a comparison between Big Box and real door mills for those of you not in the business;

Last week, I needed two 3' 2 panel doors for an ADA retrofit. The doors had to match the existing doors in the home. I was at Home Depot, so I asked about 2 panel doors. Special order for a 2 panel interior prehung door unit. How long? 4 weeks. I said no thanks. Standing right there at the door counter, I called my door mill (Cen-Tex door and frame in Austin, TX) ordered the doors over the phone. Picked them up that afternoon for $30.00 LESS per door than Home Depot.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Pella is good for custom door sizes. By the way, are you really sure you needed a 70 1/4 inch door? We replaced a lot of doors in my house and they are put in all different ways but all are standard. Are you replacing the frame too or just the door?

Reply to
Art

A special order is still a contract. Your state will have laws to protect you but I don't know how long they have to fulfill that contract. I'm sure a small claims suit will shake them up but it may not be worth the trouble.

Try complaining to the vendor who is making the door for Lowes. Explain how Lowes has misrepresented their product line and in the process has made an unhappy customer on their behalf. You may be able to get to a symapthetic sales rep who will find out what is really going on with your door and give you a realistic delivery date.

I feel for you. I recently had to wait an extra 90 days for delivery of my paving stones beyond the promise date. I was walking on base rock and sand for 3 months longer than I would have liked.

Good luck

Reply to
AutoTracer

Go to your local library. Ask the reference desk for Lowe's HQ address and the company's Pres. or CEO. Write a carefully composed businesslike letter. Include a copy of your order. Politely, tell him what you want Lowe's to do. Be sure to include your address. Mail it to his attention.

It doesn't matter if he gets it or if his secretary intercepts it. That is what she is paid to do. If she is worth her salary, she will buck it down the line with a note that this is from the Boss-in-Chief.

Trust me it will get results. I know that the conventional wisdom is to work your way up the chain. OK for the military. In the business world "Shit Flows Downhill" is the axiom of the day.

I have had several occasions to use this technique and it has never failed. Don't fuss and fume. Remember who you are sending the letter to.

Good luck, Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Robert Allison wrote: ...

Yep, stuff like that the Borg is rarely, if ever, a good choice of vendor.

(Assuming, of course, you're in a place large enough to have a good mill shop or other supplier who works closely w/ a mill...of course, you're probably still better off find a mill or other supplier, anyway.)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Thank you for all the replies I will try to address some of you the best I can.

1-I did pay with a CC but they are claiming it is beyond the point I can dispute it.

2-Door being 70 =BC; I did not measure it the Lowe's installer did (On July 29th 2004) so I can only guess that's what he needed. Not replacing the frame just the door!

3- Complaining to the vendor; A) they are pretty much blaming all the delays on the vendor. B) They will not tell me who the vendor is they are buying it from. The book I ordered the door from is very generic and I don't remember seeing their name listed.

4- My letter to Board members is not written in a mean or accusatory fashion, it's basically a cry for help

5- I ran a D & B on Lowe's so I have all the corporate officers I was still hoping to get an email address or two.

6- The manager has been no help, he basically paid me off last month to continue to wait, gave me back =BD the cost of the door ands promised a resolution in 7 days. It's now 40 days later. Mind you he could have kept that damn freaking money I just want my door!

7- Put a strip of wood to make up the =BC difference; You'd think that Lowe's would think of something like that. I'm not a carpenter so I would never have but that a good idea!

8-All the letters will go out certified return receipt requested mail. This way I know they got them.

When it comes down to it I'm only out a small bit of money but the headaches this has cause me will really make me think twice about special orders from Lowe's. While I will continue to shop there and do not want to turn this into a trash Lowe's tread, I will shop elsewhere for special orders.

I will keep all posted on the outcome,

Felix

AutoTracer wrote:

Explain how