Lowe's is terrible, I hope someone here can help

Page 1 of 4
I've had a long problem with Lowe's stores, and today was the straw that broke the camels back.
I have put together a letter that I will be sending to all the boards members at Lowe's but I would also like to email it to them so they receive it today.
Does anybody have the email address for any of the boards members at Lowe's or do you know how to address email to Lowe's executives i.e. name @ lowes.com, first name last snipped-for-privacy@lowes.com etc.?
Any help would be GREALY appreciated
Felix

No idea, but a well written letter on nice paper gets better attention than an email that can get lost amidst the spam.

What was the problem?
To make a looong story short, I order a front door, just a slab, no prep, no nothing, just a plain front door, on August 2nd 2004. As of today I don't have the door, I cannot get a delievery date for the door, and they continue to hold my money and refuse to give it back claiming this is a special order door because it's 70'1/4 not the standard 70".
Felix John Harlow wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Wow - interesting. I was considering ordering a non-standard door from them as well. Good luck and keep us posted.
John Harlow wrote:

After six months, I'd say you are well within your rights to involve the BBB and perhaps your local newspaper's and TV station's consumer assistance folks. Embarass them if nothing else into coughing up either the door (not likely) or your refund along with an apology.
Be sure to file a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau. If nobody else can get them to move, the BBB probably will.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote: ...

Need to keep up... :)
He posted that his phone call to HQ resulted in overnight action...
In all honestly I do not believe the door size is/was the problem, it's the employees at this location that's the problem.
Felix
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

As they say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". I'm sure it'll eventually turn out OK but it's a bummer you have to go to extraordinary measures. I suppose the store manager has been uncooperative too?
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:30:47 -0500, "John Harlow"

"They" also say, "The Quacking duck gets shot".
BTW - I believe it is illegal for a company to actually charge your credit card for an item until it actually gets shipped. Worth checking into!
BB

Good vendors won't charge your card before shipping the product, but I am not aware of any law that prevents that obnoxious practice. That is particulary true with special orders.

The law was intended for mail-order firms that were taking the money and not delivering on a timely basis. Special orders often require a deposit of cash or CC to insure you will not cancel and stick the company with a special item they cannot sell otherwise.

I sell all my coffee mail order and use a national merchant card service. There is nothing that says you cannot charge before the product is sent, ostensibly to be sure the card is good and not being used from a place near the graveyard in Nigeria. I ran that card through my system after I seriously got that as a shipping address for an order and of course, the card was bogus.
--And to be fair, I do know some people who do not send until the charge has gone through.
As a former poster said, I personally do not charge until the product is in the mail, sometimes even days later cuz I am the whole office:) staff. I hate to say this out loud and test the karma, but we have never been ripped off, thank you universe.
with aloha, Cea smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

don't some credit card companies make this be part of their contract with the merchant?
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:48:23 GMT, smithfarms pure kona

As far as I am aware, all of the major credit card companies have a system where the merchant can verify credit, and reserve a reasonable amount to cover anticipated charges yet to be made. This isn't some "hidden" feature.
BB
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:37:39 GMT, BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote:

OT--I am a little wary of my merchant service, with my dubious electrical connection because two times in the last 5 years, the electricity has apparently wavered and I have double charged my customers and didn't know it. Oh well, once I am in that charge card software, I want to do it once only. FYI I live at the end of an electricity line in a very rural area.
aloha, Cea smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff
John Harlow wrote:

A little late to suggest this now, but if it was me, I would have investigated the practicality of adding a 1/4" thick strip of wood to the top edge of the door to save the cost and trouble of ordering a "special" sized door.
To be more specific about your question, this page will give you the address of Lowes' corporate headquarters and a toll free phone number.
<http://www.hoovers.com/lowe 's-companies,-inc./--ID__10920--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml>
I've felt the need to "complain to headquarters" (with a *politely* worded letter) a few times in my young life, and always received a satisfactory response and speedy problem resolution.
I'll second the person who told you to write a real letter and send it via the USPS.
If you call the 800 number, I'm sure you can get a name to send your missive to. I'd try just one letter first before unleashing a barrage.
Good Luck,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:47:52 -0500, Jeff Wisnia

Yeah or just hand the door a little more centered, so the molding overs up the 1/8" top and the weather stripping on the bottom hides the additional 1/8"
But no matter what, they should have given an estimate on the door, or give a status on it's construction, so the customer doesn't feel trapped.

later,
tom @ www.BookmarkAdmin.com
John Harlow wrote:

I know that alot of the people on this NG are homeowners and not professionals in construction. As a professional, my jaw drops to the floor when I read this kind of statement.
Here is a comparison between Big Box and real door mills for those of you not in the business;
Last week, I needed two 3' 2 panel doors for an ADA retrofit. The doors had to match the existing doors in the home. I was at Home Depot, so I asked about 2 panel doors. Special order for a 2 panel interior prehung door unit. How long? 4 weeks. I said no thanks. Standing right there at the door counter, I called my door mill (Cen-Tex door and frame in Austin, TX) ordered the doors over the phone. Picked them up that afternoon for $30.00 LESS per door than Home Depot.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robert Allison wrote: ...

Yep, stuff like that the Borg is rarely, if ever, a good choice of vendor.
(Assuming, of course, you're in a place large enough to have a good mill shop or other supplier who works closely w/ a mill...of course, you're probably still better off find a mill or other supplier, anyway.)