Lowe's blows

Page 5 of 7

Except when the concrete is sealed. You want to match wits with someone who worked with cement for 40 some odd years? You're an idiot.
Add pictures here
✖

You are at fault here just like I suspected. (Read my 1st post)
Go on blaming the world for your mistakes. Hey! Maybe if you bitch loud enough Lowes will pay to shut you up.
"I'm damn mad and I'm not going to take it anymore!" "Now get off my lawn!"
:^)
Bye
Add pictures here
✖

Is that a promise Junior?

Add pictures here
✖

You really can't expect someone to read all the posts in a thread this long, or even shorter. IF someone dl's the last 100 posts in the newsgroup, or the last 300, he may have no idea how many posts there already have been to a given thread. And if he waits to post until he has read every post available to him, he will have forgotten what he wnted to say, and it won't be interesting to him anymore. All the people who posted early in the thread did so without knowing what added info would come later, including info from you.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 9, 3:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@kamens.brookline.ma.us (Jonathan Kamens) wrote:

You are assuming the associate, in fact said that, and if the OP can prove said associate said that.

Add pictures here
✖
writes:

You are assuming the associate, in fact said that, and if the OP can prove said associate said that.

<snip>
I don't think that even matters. They both had basically the same info.
Apparently, the NCGA protects businesses from frivolous law suits. As it should be. If Lowes pays off, it will be just to shut him up. Anything under 30k isn't worth going to court over. It's crap like this that drives prices up.
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
writes:

And how much would it cost to shut you up? You're making a Federal case over this. I don't know who you're trying to impress, yourself or the other idiots.
Add pictures here
✖
writes:

That's a hoot. He posts here looking for advice and degrades anyone who finds the info that he doesn't agree with. WTF?
LOL "He's damn mad and he's not going to take it anymore!"
It's always someone else's fault.
Priceless :-)
Add pictures here
✖
writes:

you're an idiot. You've asked me so many questions that were in the original message. I had to repeat myself 3 or 4 times for you. After reading some of your replies I got the idea that all you were interested in was trying to impress people here and yourself how intelligent you think you are. I even asked you to let the thread go and when I get a decision from Lowe's I'll post it. But you kept on asking the same questions including asking me to get a copy of the merchant contract from Lowe's and scanning it for you. If you read about 5 of my posts you would have known that Lowe's will not give out a copy of their contracts except to vendors but you were so interested in sounding important you either never read my replies or understood them. A lawyer posted to you giving you the exact law that pertains to this circumstance and you argued with him. Either you're a genius or an ass and I think it's the latter. Good day sir.
Add pictures here
✖
<snip>
I've met a lot of people in ngs. Some people know how to use them and others don't. I consistently get great advice. And even when I don't, sometimes this is a good place to think things through.
Don't let it get under your skin. Yes, there is an abundance of really bad advice. But it's usually pretty obvious. Above all: Telling people what to do in ngs is usually a waste of time because you don't own them and you don't even own this thread. I've started many a threads that I left behind because it got off the track or I just didn't find it interesting.
See, even though you've been a bit grouchy, I don't mind. It's all fair here. If I don't like it I can leave. And so can you.
:-) <-----this means all is well and don't sweat it. If you don't like it. Move on. :-)
Add pictures here
✖

You don't think I should get grouchy after you repeatedly asked me the same questions over and over again and offered no practical advice? You must use an air compressor to inflate your ego.
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah that annoys me too. I jumped in late. Sorry. Still a fascinating thread.
I enjoyed it regardless.
Add pictures here
✖

Glad you enjoyed it.
Add pictures here
✖

I am not a lawyer. I am merely someone who takes the time to educate myself on topics about which I wish to express an opinion and who has the intelligence to actually understand the complexities of the topic under discussion. A number of the people participating in this thread seem to be lacking in either one or both of those criteria.
Add pictures here
✖
writes:

<snip>
I gathered. :-)
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 10, 10:19 am, snipped-for-privacy@kamens.brookline.ma.us (Jonathan Kamens) wrote:

What I find fascinating here is that after 100 posts, we still don't know what the actual product he bought contained, which would seem to be key to the claim. Which is to say, if this was some chemical that is different than what is widely used, then I think he's got a much better case. On the other hand, if it's just a typical product and is widely used on other driveways without spawling, I think he's got a much harder case to prove.
Add pictures here
✖
writes:

What I find fascinating here is that after 100 posts, we still don't know what the actual product he bought contained, which would seem to be key to the claim. Which is to say, if this was some chemical that is different than what is widely used, then I think he's got a much better case. On the other hand, if it's just a typical product and is widely used on other driveways without spawling, I think he's got a much harder case to prove.
Any ice melter will cause a problem when used incorrectly. It just makes sense. It melts the ice so it can get in the cracks. That's why you have to remove the slush.
From: http://www.icemelter.ca/traction/roofs_e.php
"Here are some recommendations for reducing the risk of damage to concrete: a.. Apply ice melter at recommended rates b.. Use a push type or hand held ice melter spreader An ice melter with an environmentally inert dye marker can make it easier to prevent overapplication c.. Use an ice melter with extended refreezing protection d.. Remove slush and water before refreezing occurs e.. Avoid using ice melters on non air-entrained concrete or other vulnerable surfaces f.. Apply a commercial strength sealer when dry" We live and we learn. Hopefully, as a result, our prices don't go up. But I fear that is inevitable.
Add pictures here
✖

Me neither. I'm never going to do that. I guess I'll never use ice melter.

Add pictures here
✖

What's come over you? You've gotten quite testy since the start of the thread.
Add pictures here
✖
Why don't you two get a room?
Add pictures here