Low Water Pressure in Fridge Dispenser... Help!

I have a Kenmore fridge that is about 3 years old. When I moved into this house, the water dispenser (on the door) dripped so Sears came to fix it (they replaced a valve where the water comes into the fridge - and maybe adjusted it to reduce pressure???). I later found out that my house had too strong of a pressure coming in from the meeter/street (so I fixed that). Now the fridge water pressure seems very low (it seems to take forever to fill up a glass of water). Any suggestions? Is there an adjustment on the back valve? I looked but didn't see anything too obvious. Please help if you have suggestions. Thanks.

Does your fridge have a built in water filter? If so the filter cartridge may need to be changed. Kevin
Perhaps there is a kink in the line feeding the fridge? Especialy if plastic line was used. Steven

Don't ever use plastic or polyethylene line. It can spring a leak for no reason, and spray water for weeks if you don't notice it. Replace it with copper.

What about those woven plastic tubes? Or the woven stainless steel tubes?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:26:16 GMT, "Art"
Personally, I don't know. Never heard of them. I just know that polyethyllene is bad.
I have woven stainless steel over a rubber washing machine supply hose. In a size for an ice maker or a humidifier, what is inside the woven stainless steel? Something must be inside the the woven plastic too.

http://fixitnow.com/wp/category/ice-maker-repair /
do you have a self piercing saddle valve for the water tap? With the higher pressure you may not have noticed it but its a definite no-no in terms of flow rate.

What is the pressure in the line? It should be about 50 psi. At work, we have 105 psi and no problems with anything. Did the change happen after you reduced the pressure? Any other faucets or toilets affected?
Could be a few things. Saddle valve plugged, pressure too low, filter plugged (some fridges have them built in), line kinked.

That water filter is the problem. When new, it takes 22 seconds to fill a 16 oz bottle. After 1 year it takes 65 secondes to fill.
I couldn't believe the price they wanted for that filter so I just removed it and it now takes 20 seconds to fill.
I've now added a whole house water filter on the wall behind the fridge. It takes 21 seconds to fill.
Edwin, you recommend 50 psi- isn't that on the high side for water heater, dishwasher? I thought it was supposed to be about 30.
I have the proper amount of pressure coming into the house (recently replaced the regulator - it is 50 psi, I think). Yes, there is a filter in the fridge (on the front bottom panel - under the doors). It may need to be changed... however, the pressure has been low with previous filters new and old. I will try replacing the filter (or as WM suggested, removing it completely). Thanks for all the advice everyone! I really value these groups. - Hunter
might be a bad saddle valve, try closing and opening, most likely a clogged filter
I replaced the plastic supply line with a stainless steel line and my fill times dropped by half. The stainless steel line is pricey but then again so is my time at the fridge.