low voltage revisited

I was seeing very large fluctuations in my power supply. I hooked up a meter to several lines and it was showing 118 with no load and down to 90's with a heavy load. I called the elec company andt hey did some tests and said it could be because my electric box was rusty inside.
Anyone know what its going to cost me to replace that? I live in a suburb outside of philly if it matters.

Replacing the load center varies as to where you live and how many circuits are involved and if there are any complications ... difficult working conditions, other factors that also have to be attended to so as to meet the Code ... and so on.
Get some bids.
Any chance you can get in there and clean things up a bit? Tightening screws is a great way to start. If you are not comfortable working on a load center, then forget it and seek professional help.
It's going to cost you at least a service call to find out what the problem is. Once that is figured out, you can get some ideas on repair costs

and without loads on the system. If the voltage varies, it is a problem before your box. A corroded box could certainly cause problems, but it shouldn't affect all circuits the same.
Don't have any idea what the cost will be since I've never had occassion to hire an electrician. It seems like it should be a half day job and a couple hundred for materials. So what's that, $600?
Sorry, I didn't mean electric box. I meant the meter box outside. There was water running down my wall in to it.

Try to get your utility company to correct the problem ... they often will in cases like this.
Yeah, but don't hold yer bref. -- Mr. P.V.'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY Stop Corruption in Congress & Send the Ultimate Message: Absolutely Vote, for *Anyone BUT* a Democrat or a Republican Ending Corruption in Congress is the Single Best Way to Materially Improve Your Life entropic3.14decay at optonline2.718 dot net; remove pi and e to reply--ie, all d'numbuhs

If it comes to that, replacing the circuit breaker service box will cost (for 200 amp service) between $800 and $1500 depending on labor costs in your area (the materials all cost the same ~$250).
In some jurisdictions, you can do the work yourself. In Fascist climes (California, the northeast, etc.), you may need a licensed electrician, permits, and inspections.
Bob Bins posted for all of us...