Low Shower hot water preasure. Any ideas ?

Its just started happening and i HAVE NO IDEA WHY, I also noticed the shower is driping as well, might be something to do with it. I am going to ring a plumber to get it fixed, but would like some feedback to see what you guys think, pretty sure its out of my league to fix it though.
I can get full power On the cold water just fine, but when I turn the hot on inthe shower it has no power at all. I adjust the hotness of the shower now by turning the cold down.
I did a google and some have said it might be the hotwater line to the shower and its just gunked up with stuff and a clean out of the line is needed.
Thanks for any info.
Obsidion wrote:

a pressure balance valve or anti-scald device. And that can be stuck.
So don't jump at any suggestions to clean/replace the Hot water lines.
Jim
need more info as to what its age is etc