Low power consumption dehumidifiers $ave ?

I am looking for a low power consumption dehumidifier to cut costs. I seen these 2 below that use only a couple hundred watts compared to mine which uses 792 watts(30 pint). I have a 1000 Sq ft. house and will have the unit in the basement. Would these work well. I would say my house has the "typical"basement" . The surround air 510 says it will remove 21 pints per day in the specs but 28 pints down lower in the description? I used this formula to figure out I am spending almost $60 per month to run my unit now which is 792 watts:
(watts/1000) x hours used x cents per kil. hour= operating cost 792watts/1000 x 24 hours (during summer) x10 cents(estimate)=$1.90 (24 hours) x 30 days= $57
With lower power consumption dehumidifier:
195 watts/1000 x 24 x 10= 47 cents x 30days= $14.10
http://www.startremodeling.com/dehumidifier_sa.htm http://www.indoorhealthproducts.com/800-dehumidifier.htm
Is this too good to be true or are these things marketing scams that wont work well? Thanks a lot

I would not consider either one, I saw no Energy Star rating in either, ES ratings are going to save you more. If you realy want a review Consumer Reports has them

If it runs 24 hrs a day you will spend alot but I dehumidify a 600sq ft basement for about 4$ a month with a Sears unit, to know what you spend get Kill-a-Watt meter
chrisc wrote:

I don't like my dehumidifier. It heats too much. I usually need to reduce the humidity when it's hot and I don't need a heater in the basement. It's a GE 40 pint that I have connected a hose to the tank so I don't have to empty it all the time. I seldom use it.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8