Low Pitch Roof and Gutters

I have a 3/2 low pitch roof. My neighbor insists that I need to remove the gutters from my house to avoid water/ice damage.
Should low pitch roofs not have gutters? Or, is my neighbor full of it?
Also does anyone know of some good places where I may learn more about my roof and the benefits and losses to a conventional high pitch roof?
joe wrote:

Low pitch roofs can be subject to water-ice damage. However, the fix it to make sure you have proper ventilation not eliminating gutters.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit