Low hot water pressure?

My gas water heater is 29 years old, and I do plan on replacing it before winter because I'm tired of crawling out of bed into a 60 degree bedroom and into a lukewarm shower.
Anyway, for the past few months my hot water pressure has been noticeably lower than my cold. Could this be due to scale/calcuim/crud buildup in the hot water heater?

Not in the heater shell, but possibly in a badly corroded nipple on the inlet/outlet.
29 yrs old?? I would be reluctant to tamper with it at all. Live with the low flow until replacement...
Jim

Oh no, no plans to tamper with it. New heater first.