Low Flow Toilets on Septic Systems

We have a cottage and are putting in a septic system. We have an unlimited suppy of water because it will be coming from the lake. Is there any advantage to a low flow toilet when using a septic system since the liquids will leach into the bed? Thanks!!
matt snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Depends on the efficiency of your drain field. In any case I don't think you can buy anything but a lo-flow anymore except bootleg or salvage.
BTW, I just replaced my standard with a "Toto" (tm) lo-flow. Outstanding, one flush every time.
Harry K.
Well unless you have very very good drainage, there are limits to the amount of water a leach bed will handle.
With the better models of current low volume toilets, there is no reason not to use them.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

It's not just the drainage field. The septic tank is also affected by excessive water influx.
To much water coming into the septic tank prevents it from properly doing its job of separating the scum, the sludge, and the liquid.

As well as the slow build-up of deposits and bacteria and slime in the drain field.
Septic systems aren't fool-proof and the first chance I get I'm swapping out my toilet for a low flow.