Low flow of hot water

Hello, It seems like the flow of hot water from my gas hot water heater has dwindled over the past year. It used to come in cpius quantities, but lately it seems to be less and less as time goes on. I can see no obvious valves from in the line form the heater to the rst of the house. Any tips for me?

Reply to
beetle

<jojet777

He got a GAS HOT WATER HEATER... where would the electrical plug be locate?????

Reply to
jim

Many new gas heaters use an induced draft blower and *do* have an elec plug...

'other jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I agree with jojet; gradual decrease over time could mean corrosion buildup. You'd have to disconnect the Inlet/Outlet right at the heater to see it. Be sure to shut off the water AND drain all the piping so you don't have a flood. (You'll probably want to shut the gas off too or at least set the control to PILOT.)

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

An "Outlet" could be for water. He probably meant the outlet where the hot where exits the unit.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Reply to