Low flow of hot water

Hello, It seems like the flow of hot water from my gas hot water heater has dwindled over the past year. It used to come in cpius quantities, but lately it seems to be less and less as time goes on. I can see no obvious valves from in the line form the heater to the rst of the house. Any tips for me?
Try disconnecting water heater and check the outlet sometimes they get a corrosive buildup around the connection. If so a round wire brush chucked in a drill can help.

He got a GAS HOT WATER HEATER... where would the electrical plug be locate?????
jim wrote:

Many new gas heaters use an induced draft blower and *do* have an elec plug...
'other jim
Speedy Jim wrote:

An "Outlet" could be for water. He probably meant the outlet where the hot where exits the unit.
Bob
Sorry didn't mean to confuse. I meant the water outlet on the tank, thats usually where the buildup starts restricting the flow.

snipped-for-privacy@frontier.net wrote:

I agree with jojet; gradual decrease over time could mean corrosion buildup. You'd have to disconnect the Inlet/Outlet right at the heater to see it. Be sure to shut off the water AND drain all the piping so you don't have a flood. (You'll probably want to shut the gas off too or at least set the control to PILOT.)
Jim