Low clearance drilling

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:54:31 -0800, jJim McLaughlin

There's actually 15 pins on the connectors, but some may be unused.
Anyway, it's going to be hard to solder to the middle row of pins.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Mark Lloyd wrote:
SNIP

No, not really. Done it at least a dozen times.

Did I limit him to ONE shot?
In the end, I bought a right angle attachment from Sears for $20, and a 1.5" Hole saw bit. Together, it was about a tight squeeze to start, but fit well and worked out perfectly. I had to stop every half inch and use a flat head screw driver to pry out the cylinders that were created by the hole saw, as the saw 'cup' only had something close to an inch of depth. Thanks to whomever mentioned the hole saw bit.
Some questioned the thickness that I was drilling, the reason isn't only because the thickest thing that I wanted to pass was a VGA, but in the end I'm going to have a Coax cable, 3 cat 6 ethernet, USB, RCA audio, VGA, 2 speaker cables and who knows what else all passing through there - so I wanted to make the hole as big as I reasonably could.
Thanks to all for your input.