Loud bang from clothes dryer... (Update)

Ok Nehmo...

The dryer just finished running on fluff, no heat, for a good 20 minutes. I heard no bang. Therefore, this sound must be heat related, or at least related to the coils. I suppose since my clothes dry with no damage, then I'll leave it be.

Chris

Reply to
Fiber Optic

Could it just be a piece of sheet metal that is warping a little under heat and snapping?

Reply to
Greg

Reply to
Fiber Optic

Keep in mind that the heat may be turning off when reaching temp and turing back on again.

Reply to
MC

Cool... I didn't think of that...

-Chris