Loud bang from clothes dryer... (Update)

Ok Nehmo...
The dryer just finished running on fluff, no heat, for a good 20 minutes. I heard no bang. Therefore, this sound must be heat related, or at least related to the coils. I suppose since my clothes dry with no damage, then I'll leave it be.
Chris
Could it just be a piece of sheet metal that is warping a little under heat and snapping?
Yes, I think that is it. What I found weird though is that it happens several times, about every 15 minutes or so. I thought this would happen only once, when it reaches critical, then contract after shutting down.
Greg wrote:

Keep in mind that the heat may be turning off when reaching temp and turing back on again.

heat and

Cool... I didn't think of that... -Chris