lost brass spigot adaptor

so we have a near-floor water outlet in the garage. to water the garden and lawn, i attached a dual brass adaptor last spring to the single-handle faucet to connect 2 hoses. this fall, while removing it, it plonked down about 2 feet into the drain, near a tile-bend... my small hands couldn't reach it. i tried a small extend-grabber, the thing that could reach it, but alas it was way too small. beside heavy concrete excavation, how do i remove it from the drain, just beyond the bend. my wife suggest we just ignore it, we bought another brass adaptor, but that approach bothers me. is there a "grabbing" rotor-router kinda tool that can reach & remove it? i tried a clothes hanger but hesitate for fear of pushing it deeper away...

suggestions?

thanks!

Reply to
AND Books

why do you have a drain without a screen of some sort?

you might try a strong shopvac... put hose gently in there and it might suck it back out.

Reply to
hallerb

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: : why do you have a drain without a screen of some sort?

: you might try a strong shopvac... put hose gently in there and it might : suck it back out.

yup, drainplate has been gone-a-long-time (me, be stoopid!)

wow! whata good idea, thanks! never would have thought of that. now, do i do a rubber fingers thing so it'll grab... any suggestions of what to use? we gotta westingouse (little but strong), a Bissel carpet thing... or should i rent/borrow/buy a professional BIG vacuum... just don't wanto push the adaptor deeper away... btw. that vacuum house is just about the right size... i look forward to trying it *once* and getting this brass sucker outa the drain... thanks again... GREAT idea!

janos

Reply to
AND Books

The handles are not usually brass - try one of those telescoping thingies with a magnet on the tip. Can you see it? Got some fishing tackle? Nylon line and large hook might snag it and not chance pushing it further in.

Reply to
Norminn