lopper

I have an older Fiskars lopper that looks much like this one http://tinyurl.com/coqcepu
Unfortunately years of cutting things that shouldn't have been cut by it caused knicks in the cutting jaw so it was time for a new one, preferably longer handle too.
I went to Harbor Freight since I had a coupon and bought something similar to this http://hfreviews.com/item.php?idg0 What a complete piece of junk it was! You would think with extendable handles and a ratcheting head it could cut branches better but it absolutely sucked so I went back to the worn out chipped Fiskars.
Back to the Fiskars brand and now I have one like this http://tinyurl.com/chysyc8 but I still prefer the one with the gears.
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:26:17 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"

so why didn't you get the Fiskars with the gears? http://www2.fiskars.com/Gardening-and-Yard-Care/Products/Loppers/PowerGear-R-Bypass-Lopper-32
I'm not sure mine are Fiskars- but I've had them a decade and am still surprised at how nicely they slice things off.
Jim
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Because I had a 20% off Harbor Freight coupon. And the new Fiskars loppers were the only ones available where I bought them.

Harbor freight is good for ticky-tacky tools that you don't expect much from, or use only once a year or less. You have to pick and choose when you go to their store.
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:26:17 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"

I just had a handle break on a Fiskars lopper. I took a picture, e-mailed it to them and they are sending me a new pair for free., These things have a lifetime warranty.
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 00:47:52 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I've had a few companies do similar things. I had an Ames hose reel that started leaking at the bearings. Went on their site to order parts and there weren't any prices. They were free, including shipping. Same deal with Irwin clamps (and I just lost those pieces).