Loose tiles

My wife and I recently discovered that the tiles in our brand new home were not securely installed. A tile expert came in and test each of our tiles with a metal rod and found that 2/3 of our downstairs floor (18" X 18" tiles) were "loose". We contacted the company which sold us the house and were informed that they would resolve the problem by drilling holes somewhere in the tiles and injecting a substance that would secure the tiles. I don't know much about tiles, and would like to know if this is a good solution. Drilling holes in the tile, didn't sound like the best idea. I would have thought that reinstalling new tile would insure a better outcome. What do you think?
Jim
You better get a lawyer , and dont let them drill anyting but their head.

Having tile with a lot of holes in it would not be my first or last choice. Who had the tile installed? Contact them and see if there is a warranty. Other wise contact your real-estate agent and a lawyer.
This did not get picked up on the inspection before purchase. hummmm
If the tile is loose, then it should pop up pretty easily. I would be demanding a complete redo. Gad what a mess your going to live through
Jim Muhlker writes:

Bouncing a golf ball would work better and faster as a tester.
Sounds like you have either crooks or idiots or both trying to bamboozle you.
Get a lawyer to write a demand letter immediately.