Loose flooring board

Our new house has what appears to be tongue and groove solid wood plank flooring. I would guess that it was originally glued down because there is one small area in the dining room that makes a pop or snap after being stepped on.
If we had someone professionally repair this, how would it be done? Is this a job that would be reasonable for a DIY guy to fix?
Bob Simon wrote:

Most repairs of this type are done with "sprigs|" basically a very slender hardened steel headless concrete nail . If it were my floor , I'd drill a very small hole - or a few of them depending on the size of the area that pops - right at the joint and inject either a solvent or contact cement then put heavy weight on the area . 4 or 5 cement blocks maybe with the bottom one on end . Put a towel or something under the bottom of the stack .
--
Snag

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 12:39:01 -0700 (PDT), Bob Simon

Find out what kind of flooring & sub-floor you are dealing with < pull up a floor register > 3/4 inch solid hardwood ? or thin laminate ? or manufactured ? Any access from the basement to screw upward into it ? John T
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 5:01:00 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

It sure would be nice if we had that information, wouldn't it?
On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 2:42:03 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

This is the OP. DerbyDad, you are, of course, exactly right. I have some higher priority projects right now since we're still unpacking boxes and or ganizing but in a another few weeks, I'll get back to you guys. Since we h ave no floor registers, I need to remove a piece of shoe molding so I can s ee what's underneath.

Another possible spot to investigate the hardwood - perhaps less intrusive / destructive ? might be a flooring transition point - if it's more easily removed & replaced .. John T.