loose ceramic disk faucets

I made the move to lifetime ceramic disk faucets, but am concerned in the w= ay there seems increasing sloppy play thru the handles and no apparent way = to adjust. That is, at any given volume setting the handle can rattle up or= down without moving the disk setting. Is this to be expected, or is it fro= m rough handling, or is it adjustable somehow? It happens with 2 seperate h= andles, amd with a single mixer, such as american standard fairbury. Is the= re a web site that rates such things? Thanx

Reply to
dumbstruck

You can=92t expect a commercial faucet performance from a residential fauce= t.

Reply to
recyclebinned

But they are practically brand new and seem to get worse every day. Why is = there no set screw or anything... are they just pressed together, and i sho= uld beat them back into tightness with a mallet?

Reply to
dumbstruck

there seems increasing sloppy play thru the handles and no apparent way to adjust. That is, at any given volume setting the handle can rattle up or down without moving the disk setting. Is this to be expected, or is it from rough handling, or is it adjustable somehow? It happens with 2 seperate handles, amd with a single mixer, such as american standard fairbury. Is there a web site that rates such things? Thanx

The following advice was copied from a different thread but it is excellent advice and is worth repeating:

I would get a sixer of decent beer, probably "Dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA", and go golfing and see if it still bothered me enough when I got home to f*ck with it instead of drinking more beer.

How long do you plan to live...?

Reply to
Author Unknown