Looks like a scam

Page 2 of 2

Do they close on cloudy days? Or at 4:30pm in the winter?
Their lighting bill is a lot larger than you think.

<plonk>

Only in a universe where PWM doesn't work.
Here on earth, if you interupt the power for "nanoseconds at a time", the average power will drop and so will the light output.
The device is simply an expensive dimmer. In a store like walmart, it's far easier to use fewer bulbs or lower power ones then use an inline dimmer.
On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:12:20 -0500, AZ Nomad

Can typical utility power meters "see" those brief interruptions? We are assuming that they can, but I don't know for sure.

Yes.

And so will the heat output. I may be mistaken, but I suspect the heat output will drop more than the perceptible light output.

wrote Re Re: Looks like a scam:

Thanks for the comments Bud.

And, in the nano second where the bulb isn't noticing the blink. Neither is your electric meter, which continues to bill at full rate.
I question the effectiveness of this gadget.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus