looking to scrounge temp sensor

I am building an incubator for elementary kids to hatch chicken eggs. Part of the challenge is to use only free, recovered items So far all items have been free: - Omaha Steaks shipping box - plexiglass from discarded poster frame - electric cord with plug - light socket- computer cooling fan with wall wart (for circulation) - wire mesh.
Only items I'm missing are thermostat and thermometer. I know that many household appliances contain temperature regulation devices such as thermostats, thermal switches and thermistors. Some appliances and systems even have temp control circuits with digital readout.
My challenge is to find something that will hold temp at about 100F (38C) and run on 120Vac. Clothes dryer? Oven? Iron? TV?
Scrounge up an aquarium heater for it's parts-the glass breaks and the roy wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote in

As long as I can find a really heavy-duty heater, this might be the best solution. Most small aquarium heaters are rated pretty low, so a light bulb might be too much current.I'll post for one on Freecycle and see what happens.
Wterbed heater or just it's controller, if you use the heat mat bed it in sand roy wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote in

I thought about that one and called the waterbed and spa store. They seemed to think the temp range would be much lower than 100. I'll see if I can find one and alter it.
roy wrote:

Electric blanket controller???

Why not an HVAC thermostat? You can find an old mercury thermostat in a garage sale and if you tilt it a bit you can change the range. Hook it up to a light bulb for heat.
roy wrote:

electric blanket; or heating pad
roy wrote:

Jeeze! Use a hen.
After the eggs hatch:
Use a 75-watt light bulb. Check the chicks. If they move closer to the bulb, increase the wattage.
You don't need no stinkin' "thermostat."
i fix laminating machines for a living and will send you a thermostat and heater, have lots of used ones.
my concern is they top out at 400 degrees. care must be used to prevent a bad day.
e mail me if your interested hallerb americaonline
roy wrote:

A dimmer switch on a light bulb?