looking for your SS countertop installation nightmares or gotchas

Hello all. I am in the midst of a kitchen remodel and wanted to hear about your stainless steel countertop installation nightmares or problems or gotchas. I hope to avoid as many problems as possible and the more I hear about from your experiences, hopefully the more I can avoid. I have purchased some very high end cabinets and just want to try and minimize any damage from the countertop guys installation to my cabinets, or visa versa. Thank you in advance. Please dual post here and email if you like.
Isn't that stuff easily ruined by an even slightly abraisive cleaner?
Over 400 years ago, Nostradamus predicted that on Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:59:00 -0700, in message

After we installed a stainless steel counter top, DH kept saying "you want fries with that" whenever I'd ask him to bring me a soda... ;->
PRose
Easily dented.

I'd expect the nightmare to begin once you start living with it. Just look at it the wrong way and it will be blemised. I sell custom Formica tables and customers often ask about laminating a sheet of SS for a top. I say fine, but, you'll have to buy a piece of glass to go on top, because I won't be able to do anything for you when its all dented and marked up a week later.

will be fine. The scratches eventually just become a brushed finish. I just ordered my stainless in brush finish in the first place. If you have 18 or 20 guage it won't dent, particularly if the base is solid. Mine is 3 years old now and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have a 25x25 sliding maple work surface that is easy to lift out to clean, the rest is stainless. The whole countertop, sink cooktop ring and backsplash was fabbed up in one piece so water can't go anywhere but down the sink. Be sure it is bonded electrically !
Thanks to all so far who have responded.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I am not sure I follow, "Be sure it is bonded electrically" ... "it" is what is throwing me. Is there some electrical installation element that needs to be watched out or considered any differently than what a certified electrician and plumber will be doing when they install my new appliances? Thanks again for all of the feedback. It doesn't sound like anyone had any major installation problems. Since the cabinetry is high end, I just wanted to be sure the installation process itself didn't include some gotchas that could have been avoided.

If you have a stainless countertop be sure it gets grouned/bonded so it wiill not get energized by anything like a bad toaster or a worn/pinched cord. My cooktop is in the stainless countertop so I have it bonded to the EGC of that circuit. (not the neutral ... before you ask) It is also bonded to the EGC of the small appliance circuits.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thank you. That is what I thought you meant, but I wanted to be sure. I will pass along to my electrician and make sure it gets grounded. Again, thanks all. It doesn't sound like there were any installation nightmares which resulted in damaged cabinets and that's good.