Looking for truly small medicine cabinet

Precisely. +1

Goes along???? Who's working for whom, here????

Reply to
dpb

Oh, I'd add that depending on how it's built and what it's made of, it may be necessary to add a cleat or "shelf" for it to set on and then the side screws are only for rigidity. I think it's desirable to do so whether mandatory or not...

As Mr Hofmann says he's done it, we did this quite a lot in the old retrofits/refurbs did in Lynchburg of old Federals that had no such amenities originally at all in them. Most had been sorely abused as apartments or college student rental rooms for many years before we got them, unfortunately.

Generally if tiled or other wall treatments it's pretty trivial to dress them up. If it is just sheetrock and painted or such, w/ good craftsmanship and a straight edge all it takes for invisible is a small caulk bead and a steady hand w/ the paint brush.

If necessary, as stated, a moulding can be used or can be made a feature.

Reply to
dpb

te:

Thanks for reinforcing my comments, this seems so trivial a thing to do.

Reply to
hrhofmann

On 5/28/2013 11:53 AM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote: ...

No problem--seems that way to me, too.

The last point to add for OP is that the only kicker at all is that it has to have enough setout for the back edge of the door to clear the _finished_ wall surface--don't set it flush to a wall forgetting there's tile to come or somesuch (DAMHIK[toremindof]T, BTW. :) )

That means that do want to avoid a cabinet w/ a very large door size viz z viz the cabinet so there's a lot of overhang (say in order to have a larger mirror than would be normal given the cabinet size would be obvious cause for the issue)

Reply to
dpb