Looking for triple-gang duplex wall plate (ivory)

I can find 3 switches, or 3 Decoras, or 2 duplexes and a switch, and all kinds of other combos but not 3 duplexes. (Actually I need a Decora in the middle, but I can cut the center section to make it fit.) I could use the 2-duplexes-1-switch plate, but the switch is on the end and I need it (to cut it out to a Decora) in the middle.

I currently have a sectional plate, and it looks like crap.

Maybe I can cut out a blank wall plate?

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Try Googling for Leviton 86030

Reply to
Reed

Try an electrical supply company where electricians buy their materials. Just about any number of gangs and combinations are available if not off the shelf then from special order. A three gang duplex ivory wall plate is not that unusual of a request.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Thanks! I had looked thru an online Leviton catalog (about 30 pages of wall plates) and never found that one.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Change everything to Decora, switches and receptacles, then a Decora 3 holer would work. You will find that the type of plastic they use is very difficult to cut without it looking real bad.

Reply to
EXT

One of those duplexes is a double switch. Those are kind of expensive, especially in Decora.

If I could find 2-Decora 1-duplex, I could change out the cheap outlet on the end and that would be real easy.

I'll buy two of the 3-duplex plates, and if I ruin both of them I'll suck it up and swap everything out. I think I'll buy a few cheapo switchplates when I go to HD this afternoon and practice cutting them. Thanks.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

See if they have the oversize plates in the config you want- I have found that those seem to be a different, more flexible plastic, possibly easier to cut. They are designed to cover oopsies on less-than-perfect walls.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers