Looking for this chain saw sharpener - Italian made....

An electric chainsaw sharpener. I was recommended one from a tree guy, he told me it cost around $300 and works very well (His chains were very sharp indeed!)

Anyone know the brand name of this machine?

Thanks!

Dean

Reply to
dean

This was too easy. Thanks Google.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Might make sense for professional, who's going to sharpen chain off the bar. Lots of chains.

For home use, this file-guide has worked great for me for ~25 yrs-

Fringe-benefits: works out in the woods, is not inclined to removing significant fraction of cutter, and works on mounted chain (for lack of better phrase.)

barry

Charlie - is that the Italian one?

J - I have a files, I use them all the time. Problem is when I hit a metal object buried within a tree, its a LOT of work to file it down to sharp again after that. And to be honest, the chains I looked at this weekend from this guy with the machine, they were much much sharper than I can get them with a file.

Reply to
dean

I have fond that aDremel tool works real well with the correct diameter grinder. My chains lke 5/32".

If you want to use it in the woods, get one of the rechargeable / battery powered Dremel type tools.

Me, I just always go to the woods with 3 extra chains, pre sharpened at the workbench before I left.

For me, much quicker and easier to change out a chain on site than go through thechassle of sharpening a mounted chain.

YMMV.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

for $300 it should work well, are you planning on going into the chainsaw sharpening business? That what a $300 machine is for. Do you have any idea how many chains you can buy for $300. Minimum of

  1. How about 0 worth of bulk chain and worth of tools for about 40 changes.

Instead of a $300 chain sharpener, just throw away the dull one and buy a new one. Or, you could be economical and buy a $50-$60 motorized sharpener for the homeowner or spend $12 for a hand operated sharpener or $5 for the guide that fits on a file.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Why should I not buy one? You think I'm going to throw away chains after they are blunt?

The point is, I do sharpen then in the field, but the wheel does a better job. Especially if one hits a steel rebar or a SS spoon or something else that beats the F out of the chain.

Reply to
dean