Looking for Tamco Shingles

Several months ago I bought some Tamco shingles to roof my house . They are the 30 year Heritage Weatherwood shingles that come in a red package. Last week the roofer was roofing my house with these shingles and ran out of shingles. I went back to the supplier and found out that they were discontinued and no longer made. Apparently, in May Tamco discontinued making these shingles and started making a shingle under the same name but with metric dimensions and in a different color package. The shingles do not match the ones being put on my house. I only need 3-4 squares or about 8-9 bundles and Tamco has not been cooperative in trying to network through their distributors to locate these shingles for me. Also, they will not make me any more of these shingles. Does anyone know how I can locate some of these shingles. . . possibly a supplier that might have some of the old style that was discontinued? Any thoughts will be appreciated.
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:42:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMjuno.com wrote:

Where are you located?
We live in Siloam Springs, Arkansas which is northwest Arkansas close to Missouri and Oklahoma.

The Tamko factory is in Joplin, MO

scribbled this interesting note:

One of their factories is in Joplin. Another is in Dallas. Call around to shingle suppliers, someone will have a few bundles left over, and they'll probably sell them at a discount since that line is discontinued. Otherwise, find a shingle that comes close to matching in order to finish the job. If all the needed shingles are just for one plane of the roof, you won't notice the difference. If they are on the same plane, then you will.
Good luck.
-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

There is a large supplier in Tulsa. It's Spec Roofing Contractors Supply, 6205 E 15th St, 918-832-1566. RM~