looking for suggestion on whole house water filter

can anyone recommend a source and any observations on what kind of whole house filter systems work and have parts available?

easy maintenance is also a concern.

primary reason for this is high iron content in local municipal water supply which causes discoloration (sinks, shower, toilet, etc.)

Reply to
juf

I've got an Aqua-Pure whole house sediment filter. Very easy to change cartridges and with only two of us, they last 6 months. Plumber installed it with ballcock bypasses. It replaced a leaky unit I put in myself. Can't remember brand but bypass was built in and source of leak.

I'm on a well and sediment leading to iron deposits comes from well. Still get some discoloration but it is much less. Wife uses stuff to take out stains when needed.

Reply to
Frank

did you purchase directly from plumber? any options to consider and would you buy precisely same unit today or has the unit evolved? (manufacturing changes or supplier or parts changes)

do they come in multiple configurations or one-size-solves-all-problems?

precise model name?

thanks

Reply to
juf

Frank,

you have the ap903 ?

juf

Most vendors of water filters offer free testing on site by the salesman. They are not cheap but the more widely advertised brands suggest they offer some sort of performance guarantee. Testing beforehand is prerequisite because no theory forecasts how a particular filter will work in your house.

Reply to
Don Phillipson