Looking for straight nipple

I moved last week and found that the movers lost a nipple that couples two internally threaded rods. These rods are part of a wardrobe rack that's several years old. I can't find the manufacturer's name on the rack and I've spent a lot of time visiting hardware stores and looking online for the nipple. You can see a picture at

looks exactly like what I need: about 3/4" long, 3/4" diameter,

16 threads-per-inch.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions about where to find this thing.

Thanks!

Reply to
pbartlett

Can't tell the size, but how about a lamp store?

Reply to
professorpaul
3/4-16 is standard UNF thread. You should be able to buy a bolt at the local hardware store and cut the end off unless you need the piece to be hollow. If so, you could possibly drill out the center.
Reply to
DanG

I would think a good hardware store would have something that'd work. If not,

might have a part.

Reply to
franz frippl

that looks exactly like what I need: about 3/4" long, 3/4" diameter,

How about this McMaster-Carr part number 91301A200? Might be too short. Then this 91375A857

--Andy Asberry--

Reply to
Andy Asberry