Looking for small jumper-cable type alligator clips

Page 2 of 2

Yeah. Reduces current flow (contact area). A triangle file and elbow grease?
Does Mueller have a clip that you like? They are like the industry standard.
ha ha - don't think I didn't consider it, but it's really not a viable solution. No, Mueller dos not have it. I called them directly.

How about Grainger ?

Tried them too - no go. Also tried McMaster-Carr and Manhattan Supply.

http://www.muellerelectric.com/clips/oldpages/cilg11.html#BU46A
BU-41(A|C)
No teeth on these. BTW - These do exist. I located them once in the past and industry people that I have spoken to in my search have seen them. They just don't know where.

Frank wrote:

Maybe these?: http://www.powertoolstore.com/Qstore/p000283.htm
But what do I know?
--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
Can't tell from pic, but looks like full size 200 amp clip, which would be too big.

these? http://mcm.newark.com/NewarkWebCommerce/mcm/en_US/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKUi-023&N=4

No, the clips I need look very similar to jumper cable clips, but about 1/3 - 1/2 the size.

Frank,........What is your project? Someone might be able to Come up with something that'd work really well, even though it doesn't fit your description. Other than that, I am going to suggest you post a WTB add on your local .forsale newsgroup and buy up dead battery chargers.................it's a source anyway.
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB
It's a battery charging project, and after considering/trying different types of clips, I have found that these are the best - just can't seem to find them again, though I once did.
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:21:11 GMT, MUADIB

McMaster-Carr has them. The product page is http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCtlgPage.asp?ReqTyp TALOG&CtlgPgNbrf6&CtlgEdition=&RelatedCtlgPgsf6,667&sesnextrepB9030173741965&ScreenWidth0&McMMainWidthX8
Go to http://www.mcmaster.com and use the search term "alligator clip"
Rich http://www.garage-door-hardware.com

Already been there - they do not have it (but it is a great online website for ordering lots of stuff). The link does not show what I need - see beginning of thread.
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:53:52 GMT, "Rich"

?

http://www.princessauto.com/_osn.cfm?CTRY N&output=OSN&SRCH=1&SRCHAREA=OSN&T1=REPLACEMENT%20CLAMPS 500A http://www.princessauto.com/_osn.cfm?CTRY N&output=OSN&SRCH=1&SRCHAREA=OSN&T1=CLAMP%20SET 10A
use a file, hacksaw blade or grinder to cut your own "teeth"

For 60 clamps? Quite a bit of work. Even if possible, the clip spring strength might be different due to the altered mating position of the pieces. I think I'll just keep on trying to find the right clips. BTW - the second link is great. Aside from the teeth, it is precisely the type of clip I'm looking for.

Try these links: www.mscdirect.com www.smallparts.com www.plattelectric.com www.newark.com www.digikey.com

The ones I hadn't tried were the 2nd and 3rd links - smallparts doesn't seem to have anything close and the 3rd link is invalid(misspelled?)