Looking for small jumper-cable type alligator clips

Page 1 of 2
I need help! I'm looking for alligator clips that look like the clips at the ends of jumper cales, only smaller. The jumper cable ones are super heavy duty and are around 6" in length. The ones I'm looking for are about 3" in length, are usually rated between 25-50 amps, and have 2 plastic sleeves that fit one over each handle (eithe red or black) I can find tons of these that are smooth (no teeth, like a clamp), but I need one with teeth. Does anyone know where these can be obtained?
Frank wrote:

Automotive parts shop? Tony
Looking for an online siteor a specific company. Been pounding the pavement and calling all over creation, but no luck so far.

http://www.radioshack.com /
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Frank wrote:

jumper cables, but smaller. Somebody must have them, but who? You've already browsed the electrical aisles at the box stores?
willshak wrote:

Looked after I posted. Here they are: http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product000252000029.cfm
Thanks for the suggestion. What are box stores? Are they places to buy shipping supplies? Why do these stores carry charging clips? Also, I need this for a small project I'm doing and need 30 pairs of these clips, so browsing stands a good chance of not being able to get the quantity I need. I need to find who actually makes these or an industrial supply store that sells these.

Box stores is slang for those big boxey stores, like home depot, lowes, menards, that sell hardware, and have put the little guys out of business.
willshak wrote:

Sorry if you see something else posted by me regarding this message, I added an update to the wrong message.
Did a Google on Mueller, got to: http://www.muellerelectric.com/clips/oldpages/clips12.html

No, the BU-X15400 is the full size 6.75" inch clip. As I said, I'm looking for the smaller version of this clip, about 3" in length.

Is this what your looking for? 2nd picture down on the right http://www.fabian.com.mt/crocclips.html I doubt you would want to order from Malta but is that what your looking for?
THe only other one I can find is one without teeth http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber 0-449
Google on "50amp battery clip"

Jmagerl wrote:

Small auto battery chargers come with those clips. Ought to check at auto electric parts shop. Tony
I had the same idea, and I thought it would surely pan out, but so far no results. I've also been calling battery charger companies using the same idea, but all to no avail. I find it incredible how hard it is to find this item.

I'd have to say the second link is more along the lines of what I'm looking for, only with teeth. The first link appears a little too heavy duty, and probably too expensive. Test equipment manufacturers make very high grade clips similar to the one that I'm looking for, but the quality and price are much higher than I need. I need a quantity of these and although one would not break me if it were $10, sixty would at $600. The one in the second link fits into the right price/quality range of $0.50 to $1.00, and looks very similar to ones I have used in the past (if only I could remember where I got them!)

http://www.allelectronics.com
Search for "alg" as it is part of the stock numbers.
No good - no teeth - smooth contacts

Can't tell from the picture. Keep in mind, there are lot of clips that meet my specs but without teeth - they can be gotten from many places I've seen on the web. For some reason, those with teeth are exceedingly rare