Looking for Residential Trash Shredders or Compactors

I've been manually compressing our trash by smashing tin cans with a hammer on a rock, but plastic bottles seem to regain some of their shape and size after a few minutes. I thought it would be great if there was a machine that shredded up plastic into little pieces (much like the bottle return machines), grinding up glass bottles into granular bits, and crushing tin cans flat.
Can anyone recommend a rugged, reliable machine that compacts and shreds household refuse?
-- Take care,
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm Business sites at: www.dv-clips.com www.mwcomms.com www.adventuresinanimemusic.com -
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss writes:

You can come and get my KitchenAid unit for free. The very idea is a waste of counter space.
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:21:37 -0600, Richard J Kinch

something. They use special bags and then the garbage company only picks bags up to a certain weight and the dam thing breaks down all the time. New time I redo my kitchen it's going into the trash.
Me too, Richmond, Va come and get it.