Looking for Residential Trash Shredders or Compactors

I've been manually compressing our trash by smashing tin cans with a hammer on a rock, but plastic bottles seem to regain some of their shape and size after a few minutes. I thought it would be great if there was a machine that shredded up plastic into little pieces (much like the bottle return machines), grinding up glass bottles into granular bits, and crushing tin cans flat.

Can anyone recommend a rugged, reliable machine that compacts and shreds household refuse?

-- Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION Hear my Kurzweil Creations at:

sites at:

-
Reply to
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

You can come and get my KitchenAid unit for free. The very idea is a waste of counter space.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

You can have mine also the biggest watse of money I ever spent on something. They use special bags and then the garbage company only picks bags up to a certain weight and the dam thing breaks down all the time. New time I redo my kitchen it's going into the trash.

Reply to
LeNoXx

Me too, Richmond, Va come and get it.

Reply to