Looking for recommendations/actual experiences with new windows - please no stupid questions!

Page 3 of 4
On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:30:29 GMT, USENET READER

You are truly an idiot in every possible interpretation of the word. I'd suggest that you get a clue, but that seems well beyond your capabilities.
rusty redcloud
Add pictures here
✖
Allow me to play out another scenario for ya'll (yeah, I'm a redneck too and I did happen to vote for Bush.....but alas that's another topic)...........Let's crank up the way back machine shall we?..............whooooo (insert sci-fi effects and music here)..............
***Poof***
We picture a certain Usenet individual with a quandry........Hmmmmmm what ever shall I do? (nibbles nails)......raises finger in classic ah ha pose.........."AH HA!" "I'll post a question".................(we see our vaunted Usenet hero typing feverishly.......tap tap tap tap tap.........
The title..........Looking for recommendations/actual experiences with new windows (notice the deletion of asinine sounding comment here)
Greetings - I am looking specifically for recommendations on some new windows for my home. (fill in the rest of the questions here ......tap tap tap...our hero types his inquires..............)
Ah we come to the closing paragraph............which is simply "Thanks in advance for your help".............
Our Usenet hero sits back an patiently awaits the responses to flood in.........No sarcasm.......maybe a silly question or two as fellow boarders ponder his dilema....offering advice (which I might add is something that is ALWAYS a take it or leave it thing)..........
Our Hero weighs the answers, laughs at some, ponders others..............
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The screen wavers nd we return to our harsh reality~~~~~~~~~~
Ah what could have been............
Add pictures here
✖

deserve
Well said Rusty...here....here.......
Tina
Add pictures here
✖
[snip]

He's wrong, anyway. 'too' modifies the shortness of life in the above quote, not the triviality of 'dribble' (whatever that is).
Now, if he'd corrected you about using the term 'dribble' when you meant 'drivel', then I'd have no argument with him.
Add pictures here
✖

I just pee'd.
Add pictures here
✖

I just pee'd.
Add pictures here
✖
enjoying your answers so far?
randy
Add pictures here
✖
It used to be called "ugly-Americanism"- that sort of me-first/only attitude. Especially a non-starter on demanding freebies.
TTFN
Add pictures here
✖
I bought and installed myself Pella's ProLine aluminum-clad double-hung wood windows. They are about 5 years old now. I am pleased with them but if I ever remodel another house I would probably consider vinyl windows that don't have to be painted. I bought my windows from the Pella store in Cary but I think they can also be ordered through Home Depot.

Add pictures here
✖
Matt - why would you consider vinyl over aluminum-clad windows? This is an example of the type of on-topic response I was seeking when I posted the original question. Thank you for staying on topic.
Matt L. wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Five out of six of USENET READER's posts this morning are flames, and the one that isn't, is a TOP POST! LOL!
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:32:38 GMT, USENET READER

Since aluminum is a conductor and vinyl is not, I would think that vinyl does a better job of insulating. Mine are vinyl; since it's been almost five years, I don't recall if aluminum was presented as an option.

Add pictures here
✖
Tom Disque wrote:

My God - an actual on-topic response.
Actually, I wouldn't consider solid aluminum for the windows. I was referring to wooden-framed windows clad with aluminum (two different types of aluminum cladding) vs. vinyl or other types of plastic.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 08 May 2005 14:18:22 GMT, USENET READER

... and even then, you're a jerk. No shock there.
--
gburnore@databasix dot com
✖
Gary L. Burnore wrote:

And never once a single on-topic response from Gary the Criminal Sex Offender!
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 14 May 2005 15:52:58 GMT, USENET READER

Quite a few, actually. Are you now claiming this thread shouldn't have ever been posted to tri.gen?
--
gburnore@databasix dot com
✖

He told you. I'll help point it out.

that

I bought my windows from the Pella store in Cary

Add pictures here
✖
"USENET READER" wrote

What's the question? Are you looking for an architect to consult you, or? I didn't see one "?"
Add pictures here
✖
Jeff G. wrote:

It isn't really a question - we are looking for someone with some real experience with more than one type of window who can tell me the real life pros and cons of the different types of windows and make some recommendations.
This isn't a question other than to ask others out there if they either have that experience or can identify someone who does have that experience and provide some contact info.
Add pictures here
✖

Yep.
I've had my own window and door business so I'm qualified to give you a good answer. Sold and installed most every type at one time or another. OTOH, I don't like people telling me what I can and cannot say so I'm not going to waste my time with an arrogant putz like you.
Add pictures here
✖