Looking For Non-Battery Hours Meter

I've been through three hours meters so far on my little backup generator and the weak link seems to be the built-in, non-replaceable batteries: Bad Idea in something whose primary job is to stand in wait...
Has anybody found something simple that either uses a replaceable battery or gets it's power from the generator?
Nice-To-Have would be the ability to be preset with my current running total of hours.... but that' just a nice-to-have and not a "Must".
I would think something in-line with the AC that just keeps ticking as long as there is AC present.... but I can't find anything like that.
--
Pete Cresswell

how about a mechanical running time meter?
I have one on my oil burner and it helps keep accurate track of how much oil I have used / have left

Plug a wall wart into a receptacle on the generator and hook it to one of these
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Electrical/Meters-Counters-Timers/Meters/
On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 15:04:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

it has one. Some will even run off the "P" lead of the magneto(the lead you ground to stop the engine)