Looking for long HICKORY flooring boards (6'-8')

Hello :

I'm putting 800 sqft of hardwood flooring down in the second floor of my house. Right now, it's just plywood subflooring.

We've looked around quite a bit, and like the idea of pre-finished hardwood. Real, 3/4" tongue and groove wood - not pergo or laminate. Can't stand that stuff. Anyways, we like the idea of the pre-finished boards because most of the companies provide a 25-year warranty on the finish. The second reason is that finishers are getting about $1.75 sqft to finish hardwood, and that seems like alot, especially when it won't last 25 years. Third - all that sanding ..... the dust will take months to get rid of.

Of the woods we've looked, we really like hickory. We like the variety in the coloration, from light to dark, and we like the grain patterns. We found a place in our local town that sells prefinished hickory by a company named Somerset. The hickory is in their Options Natural collection.

However, it seems expensive ($6.59 sqft) and the maximum length boards they sell are 3-feet long. I don't like that many joints in my hardwood floors. I like wide boards (5") and long boards. 6 or 7 or 8 feet if I can get them. I put 12' souther yellow pine boards down in my mud room.

Does anyone know of a company that sells pre-treated hickory boards that are long, and maybe less expensive than what I said above :-o

Thanks in advance to all !!

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn