Looking for link posted here - Sears model number lookup.

X posted to alt.home.repair and rec.woodworking.

Someone posted a link here (or there) some time ago. It was a page that identified the actual manufacturer of Sears branded products (Craftsman, Kenmore, etc) using the first 3 numbers of the model number. Can someone repost that link for me?

Reply to
willshak

Go here:

Click Advanced Search

Do a search on group: rec.woodworking (for example)

for Subject Line contains: craftsman + manufacturer + model + number or a similar search...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks, Jim. But, as I recall, it wasn't necessarily in the header. It was a link posted in a response that had probably drifted from the original subject header. Only someone who posted the link, or someone who bookmarked the link, can help here. The link wasn't to a Sears page either. I think the site was for an appliance repair/parts company that just offered the Sears info as a courtesy.

Reply to
willshak

I don't have the link, but here's a partial list from a few years back:

Ken Muldrew

Reply to
jhill

This was posted on rec.woodworking (used "sears craftsman manufacturer" search argument to find message that included the link):

This was posted on alt.home.repair (used "sears appliance manufacturer" search argument to find message that included the link):

Erma1ina

Thanks. Unfortunately, the number I was looking for isn't one of them.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks. I've bookmarked them this time.

Reply to