Looking for high temperature fabric

Several years ago, I bought some of these kitchen stovetop protectors. http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/2BAEC56E-8974-41DF-98B9-5EAE8D9C0E1C/productID/763D4B50-CA17-4AA7-B6B3-4EB60BCBA3AE They are made from some type of thin fiberglass-like material with a silver coating. They are thin and work very well, despite some of the reviews on the company's website. Food that is stuck or burned on, comes off easily. It's almost like a Teflon coating, but I know Teflon wouldn't be good at high temperatures. But, for me, the problem is size. They are too small for my stovetop. I have to use overlapping pieces to cover the larger size burner areas. I am looking for this type of material in larger or bulk size so I can cut them to fit properly. I have tried plain aluminum foil, but it never worked as good, even though it is disposable. Pre-made thicker aluminum protectors, also don't cover the areas. Does anyone know of a material similar that can be used for this purpose? Thanks.
On 2/1/2012 7:40 AM, Art Todesco wrote:

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/2BAEC56E-8974-41DF-98B9-5EAE8D9C0E1C/productID/763D4B50-CA17-4AA7-B6B3-4EB60BCBA3AE
the same page had this
http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/_/Oven-Liner/productID/e3208597-f2dc-4d3e-920b-6f467f6e5943/categoryID/8d7f73b3-495d-4530-9155-1ba9d6058e29/SKUSOURCE/detailPageUpsell /
on it for lining the oven bottom. it's larger, so you can probably cut to fit.
On 2/1/2012 10:04 AM, chaniarts wrote:

/productID/763D4B50-CA17-4AA7-B6B3-4EB60BCBA3AE
http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/_/Oven-Liner/productID/e3208597-f2dc-4d3e-920b - 6f467f6e5943/categoryID/8d7f73b3-495d-4530-9155-1ba9d6058e29/SKUSOURCE/detailPageUpsell/

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. It's hard to tell from the pics exactly what it is, but it certainly might work. A call to their customer service might in order.

Unless you object to the looks, why not use wide aluminum foil like I did in one house for both stove top and oven bottom. And its cheap and easy to replace if necessary.

After lots and lots of searching, I did find the company that supplies the fabric to Harriet Carter and other sellers. And they will sell the fabric in sort of a bulk roll, (13" wide x 70" long). But, only one problem, only in black color. I had really wanted the silver although black probably isn't so bad. Apparently this company distributes it to others. I don't think they actually manufacture it. Anyway, I am going to give it a try.