Looking for heating system options - second floor w/oil heated hot water

Hello:

I am buying a house in MA with a partially finished second floor. On the first floor is a oil fired hot water system. The pipes for the hot water heat have been brought up to the unfinished second floor bath. What I would like to do is bring the heat into an exchanger in the attic and heat the second floor with hot air on a separate zone. The walls and trim are finished on the second floor except for the closet and the second floor bath (why, I do not know). I would like to do a minimum of destruction and reconstruction. Using the attic space and doing forced hot air and returns in each bedroom and the bath would require minimal patching and repainting (and a central AC option). Trying to get baseboard heat to these rooms is too destructive (but maybe unavoidable).

Regards, Rob (hopeful but realistic)

Reply to
Rob

It can be done.