Looking for heating load software

Hi all- I have been looking for an online software to use that would calculate home heating loads. I can't find any- does anyone here know of any? TIA
DD wrote:

trying to use it because it was intended for large office spaces. In my own house, I decided to just run SlantFin baseboard around the outside wall. If the outside wall is kept at the right temp, the center will surely follow because that's where the themostat is located. I doubt that you can put in "too much" baseboard. If you do, the house will just reach final temp sooner and the thermostat will cut off the boiler. In fact that is more efficient because the boiler is less than 100% efficient so you don't want it running and wasting fuel any longer than is required.

Type it in Google...... <<<
DUHHH.... Boy did I make a mistake in thinking that somebody here just might have some experience and could offer advise! Of course I looked it up in Google, just didn't see much offered.

Google's first hit offers the software both for repeated use and a one-time only use for just $49. A perfect match.
Or were you looking for "freeware"?
Just remember, the program is only as good as the data you feed it. And you get what you pay for. You could probably hire a pro to do it, including properly measuring your home, for about $100-$150.
If you go to Paul Milliagan's Site he offers a free download from Lennox to perform manual J loads. Lurk over in alt.hvac. When you see one of his posts it is in his sig line. He is quite brash to homeowners in the group, because that is not the intention of that group. But, if you look for his post you can get a free, easy to use program, back in the mid 90,s that is all I used untill I bought Wrightsoft, which is my best suggestion. But if you are looking for a single or little used this is the way to go!
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
DD wrote:

http://home.att.net/~alt.hvac/loads.htm

I'm going to make you work for it:
Type it in Google......

Slantfin has a free heat loss calculator program on cd. www.slantfin.com

I wasn't trying to be smart. I typed it in Google and came up with 3 sites on the first page that had free demos.
None of them are the program I have on my computer, but then it again, THAT one will cost you around $800.

http://www.hvac2.com/SurbSoft.html
Easy A/C 2.0 Block load calculator
DD wrote:

If that's true, that could have been in your first post. And you could have included product names and asked for opinions about those specific products or competitors.

There's an argument that could use a closer examination.
It is very possible to put in too much baseboard, and it is possible to put in too little. If you are doing heat load for a hydronic system without AC you can use the IBR method. You can get the form from the rep where you are buying your boiler, some come with the boiler. I would still rather have a Manual J performed, much more accurate. Just figure 560 bTU /ft for standard copper fin and cast baseboard, and 760 /ft for high out put copper fin.