looking for heat shield that is not electrical conductor

I am looking for some panel material that could be used as a heat shield for a wood buring stove installation. Ideally the material should be 1/4" thick and be a good electrical insulator. I have seen material in the past (many years ago) that I think was asbestes based and it is probably no longer available, but something similar to that is what I am looking for. Durock is close but is thicker than what I want. Any ideas on a material and/or place to look for it would be greatly appreciated! (I have tried some lumber yards and a wood stove store but haven't found anything yet.)
John Keith snipped-for-privacy@juno.com
John Keith wrote:

google "stove board"
Ceramic backer board (e.g., Hardibacker) might also work. If you look around, you can find reasonable nice looking stuff, too -- white or off white, plain, no markings.
G-10 plastic would work. Same stuff they make circuit boards from.
Oh,,, you sure are not going to like the price.

Nor the fact that G10 burns. G10 is just a fiberglass/epoxy resin board. Virtually zero insulation value, and it'll ignite/scorch.
G10 is quite unsuitable for this purpose.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
I know just the thing you want, just not sure they make it anymore. Back when I used to work hardware/lumber we sold an asbestos board intended to be used underneath of and behind a wood stove. I forget what we called the thing but I wouldn't be surprised if it was "stove board" as has already been suggested. Check a place that sells wood stoves. There must be something equivalent these days. People are still needing to put wood stoves on floors.

intended
I have 12x12 slate tiles under mine.

Thanks for all the quick replies.
G10 will not work, as someone noted it will scorch in a hot environment. I made reference to a wood stove environment only because many years ago I installed a wood buring stove and used some asbestes material that was exactly what I am now looking for. (BTW, I think the asbestes material has been discontinued for obvious reasons.) My current application is on the exterior of an electric kiln and while the temperatures will be nothing like the interior of the kiln it will get pretty "warm", enough that I would be leary of using G10.
I will google "stove board" and see what pops up. I tried googling several other terms without any great leads.
Through another process however, I did locate some 1/4 hardbacker (1/2" is common, 1/4" seems a little harder to find) and I think that is going to meet my needs.
John Keith snipped-for-privacy@juno.com
I didn't have trouble finding 1/4 hardibacker myself -- in fact, I didn't even see anything else at 84 lumber here. Mine is nearly white, one side with faux 2x2 tiles imprinted (well, really I think it's just for helping the tile adhesive to stick), the other side is smooth. Comes in 3x5 sheets, and is cheap. I can't imagine it is rated for fireproofing, but as an experiment I took a few thin slices and held it in a gas stove flame for 10 minutes. Almost no damage whatsoever, just a little surface charring. The stuff eats drill bits, knife blades, and don't even try sawing it. I mounted it with long screws, with spacers made from short stubs of copper pipe.
The alternative product to this nice stuff at 84 lumber was a kind of brittle, ugly, bumpy, grey/brown/lint-colored cement stuff, used for the same under-tile purposes.
Good luck, -Kevin

Missed that part, my apology then.
--
SVL

Rona Hardware carries cement/fibreglass board made by Beltway (Bestway?) and recommends 6 mm thickness (quarter inch) for shielding. Its Shielding Panels are good one side but max 4 ft. square. It also sells quarter inch and half inch material in 4x8 panels. You may find the quarter inch is unhelpfully flexible. I did not guess but imagine the Shielding Panels are specially stiffened.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs