Looking for GU-10+C bulb

This summer, I got a Portfolio model 16032 light fixture that has four halogen bulbs. One of them just gave out, so I went to replace it. The bulb is 50W GU-10+C, but the replacement GU10 bulb I got gave off a very different light from the ones that came with the fixture. After looking closer, I could see that the bulbs that came with the fixture have a clear collar just over the porcelain base but the replacement's reflector covered much of the collar. As a result, the original bulbs illuminate the glass quite a bit and the replacement looks very dim.

I'm guessing that that's what the "+C" stands for on my bulb. I've now been to about 4 places and no one seems to carry a clear collar bulb. I'd rather not replace all four. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might get a proper replacement?

Thanks in advance,

-Ben

Reply to
Ben

*Your best bet is to search online. You could also try the lamp manufacturer.
Reply to
John Grabowski

Jeff The Drunk

Very amusing, but the results don't really answer my question.

Reply to
Ben

I tried an online search, and the bulb that came with the fixture has a logo that I don't recognize.

Reply to
Ben

Ok well you got what you paid for then..

Clear bulbs are going to be warmer in color. Coated will be cooler.

warmer = lower on the Kelvin scale like 3800K

cooler = higher like 4100K

daylight temps are around 6500K

warmer - more red cooler - more blue

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

try here

Reed

Then go back to the manufacturer of the fixture.

Reply to
hrhofmann