Looking for facts about fires caused by compact florescent bulbs

Page 7 of 8
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Just remember that when you're one of them... :)

I will. Believe me.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Good luck if it happens. I suspect being on the other side will be an education and an eye-opener.

An acquaintance is on the town board a few miles down the road. He said my attitude could get me killed. Funny, eh?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Small towns/rural counties in TN tended to have occasional "events", larger places like Knoxville, not so much. Here, haven't heard of such since Prohibition time frame. Don't know Rochester well enough to know likelihood. Guess it would depend on who you offended and how...
OTOH, one can easily become totally irrelevant and impotent by being so dogmatic that any good one possibly might do becomes nil.
There's a State Senator here that's pretty much that way. All kinds of protest votes and bills introduced, but for years was essentially useless in actually having any impact whatsoever. He has finally begun to figure out that to make progress, sometimes one has to be willing to compromise. It can be a hard lesson, indeed.

Welcome to New Jersey....
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:42:56 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

I see this thread has gone to the shitter !!!!!!!!

house? Etc. etc. etc.

With that last line, you've won a virtual beer.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

First Joe admits hes a slimy bastard with a set of double standards and then he yet agan engages in broad brush smears and accusations of criminal behavior without a scintila of evidence.
Bye Joe. Neither youu personally, nor anything you post on any topic have the slightest credibility.
<PLONK>.

Oh no. You said plonk. I'll bet that gave you a thrill.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:30:51 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

I think Al Gore said he invented them right after he invented the Internet. Or maybe it was more recent than that.
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /

Check out the Snopes article on Al Gore supposedly claiming to invent the Internet. This is a Republican exaggeration that sounds to me worse than the exaggeration that Gore actually committed.
Don Klipstein wrote:

Right. That claim is a fraud.
Gore took credit for "the initiative in creating the internet."
HeyBub wrote:

That's actually worse than the other wording imo...
The "initiative" came from DARPA and its precursors when Gore was learning how to shave...

Gore was the main force in Congress for the Internet to get from that point to something most people heard of.
Don Klipstein wrote:

I'm not buying, sorry...it didn't do anything that wasn't already happening...

Especially since it can be rather persuasively argued that the thing that took the Internet out of the lab and into the living room (the world wide web) came not from government or with governmental funding.

watch their utility commissions increase rates to where the utilities could find it feasible. Same outcome.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I have indeed but I'm not certain how much to believe. I'm sure there's truth in it - but how much?