Looking for facts about fires caused by compact florescent bulbs

In article ,

Seriously? I must be butterfingered. I break bulbs at least 3-4 times a year.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

The other option is get them and then not use them. Retire them as it where. I get a kick out Gore and others saying that it is okay for them to have the big houses, etc., because they buy these offsets. If they were serious, they'd buy the offsets and not use them so total pollution would go down by that amount. And don't even get me started on the fraud that is offsetting the footprint by buying a tree somewhere.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yeah, I was going to suggest that Joe's NY lawyers would probably have been more effective if they had simply used the resources to buy the credits instead of filing lawsuits, but thought I'd just retire rather than lob an incendiary... :)

Reply to
dpb

Just do it and then brandish it on-board. They'll listen to you then.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

So what?

If you eat fish (yum), the Mercury is deposited right in your tummy.

Reply to
HeyBub

Right. That claim is a fraud.

Gore took credit for "the initiative in creating the internet."

Reply to
HeyBub

Other than that, they're pretty much the same, right?

Reply to
HeyBub

I don't think there have been any.

There are 1.5 million Google hits on "fire+CFL," but most seem to be fans ranting about some coach in the Canadian Football League.

Reply to
HeyBub

Buying them doesn't make the lawyers any money and only puts one on the back pages of the paper... What's the use of that? (g)

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

That's actually worse than the other wording imo...

The "initiative" came from DARPA and its precursors when Gore was learning how to shave...

--

Reply to
dpb

Gore was the main force in Congress for the Internet to get from that point to something most people heard of.

Don Klipstein

SNIP HAPPENS

Quite an accusation. Sunds almos criminal.

Perhaps you'll be so kind as to specify precisely which utilities have purchased precisely which " ...appropriate agency appointees so they could avoid installing the most modern equipment."

I for one haven't read about that.

If you are going to make shotgun charges of whlesale bribery and corruption, it would be really nice to see just who you are accusng, and to weigh the level of proof, if any, supporting your accusations.

Put up the details, or we will all know that you are a blow hard, a pervaricator, a fabricator and a liar, and give any future post of yours on any topic just the credibility it, and you demonstrate you deserve.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

I'm not buying, sorry...it didn't do anything that wasn't already happening...

--

Reply to
dpb

Especially since it can be rather persuasively argued that the thing that took the Internet out of the lab and into the living room (the world wide web) came not from government or with governmental funding.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Citizens downwind of the filthy plant don't give a f*ck what the utility's shareholders want. Pollution credits are a crime.

Now, answer the question: How do you, as a lobbyist get your elected slobs to vote for a law that allows your corporate sponsor to buy their way out of being responsible?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You can learn these things for yourself. Has your town been involved in any construction projects that were unbelievably stupid? Projects which no private venture capitalist would've touched?

Yes, or no?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well, those that are also shareholders might as noted previously. And, no they're not a crime, they're part of established law. Now if you want the law changed, get busy...

Same way you get yours to do your bidding... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

It was your assertion sonny. You get to back it up, or be perceived as a liar.

Its not my job to do research to show that ypou are not a liar.

You can't back up your accusation of criminal activity and bribery.

You are a blow hard,a pervaricator, a fabricator, and a liar.

You have demonstrated that no post of yours, nor you personally, have any credibility.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

But it's not legal to throw them in your Seattle garbage.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

How naiive.