Looking for DC voltage actuated water valve that interfaces to shower head

I live in an apartment where the shower can take quite a while for hot water to flow through the shower head and the temperature to stabilize. I already have my coffee maker & towel warmer on an X10 home automation system. I am searching for a plumbing attachment that attaches the end of a shower head that has an electrically actuated valve (low voltage DC) to allow water to flow so I can interface it to my home automation system via a DC adapter. This will allow my shower to automatically start in the morning. To those who are lacking electricity knowledge, I am not at all talking about using dangerous voltages near water. So please dont misunder my post. Thanks
A better and less wasteful way to do this would be with a Laing Auto-Circ (http://www.autocirc.com/Autocirc.htm ). It easily installs under the sink in your bathroom and attaches to the hot and cold lines. When turned on it pumps water from the hot line back to the cold side so hot water water is always available. Then you'll have instant hot water at the sink and within a few seconds at the shower. It has a built in timer or you can adapt it for X10 control. If anyone here wants one, I have a few brand new ones left over from a recent construction project that I can sell for $99 each plus postage.
Joe Blo wrote:

My thoughts exactly
Bruce,
I'm interested in one of those pumps.
Please email me at nospam_putrfixr@nospam_netzero.com Remove the "nospam_" before and after
Ok, sent a private email. I still have a few if anyone else needs one. I also have some brand new & unused 110 volt point of use under sink water heaters.
bud wrote:

BruceR wrote:

Here in the UK at least this would break the Water Bye Laws and/or guidelines for prevention of legionaires disease.
- BruceR -

- awm -

- Nehmo -
I've seen hot water recalculating systems like this one
http://www.lainginc.com/howhot.htm
that use a small return pipe. But I never thought of simply sending the water at the base of the hot water faucet to the cold water line, as in this "autocirc" system. Ling provides somewhat of a comparison here:
http://www.lainginc.com/facts_to_know.htm
The conventional recirculation system needs a return line separate form the hot and cold supply lines. The "autocirc" system doesn't require a return line but the cold water at the faucet is mixed a bit with some hot water, so upon turn-on, it isn't really cold.
I would say if someone is planning instant hot on new construction, then use the conventional system and run the return line. But it the job is a retrofit, then the autocirc is the simplest.
So, BruceR, was your project new construction?
And Awm, how does (according to the "Bye Laws") something like the autocirc system promote or create an environment for Legionnaires Disease?
--
*******************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *
Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

The issue is that Legionaires disease will culture and grow in warm water (around 100F to 120-125F). By recirculating the water, you'll have pockets that stay that temp. If you have water set to 140F (US CDC, OSHA and Canadian MoH recommendations, but this is in violation of some US state legislations particularly for "institutions" that have a limit of 120F) and can keep it that way, then there's probably not a problem.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

You might find what you want in the area of underground lawn sprinklers which use valves similar to what you are asking.

Most of those are 24VAC. Will work on 24V DC, but likely not on 12V.
I'd avoid voltages even as low as 12V _inside_ the shower.
While it's not likely to be lethal, under those conditions you can probably feel 24V. And maybe even 12V.
The valve should be outside the enclosure.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Do a Google search for a Chilipepper. It connects between the hot and cold water and when turned on, pumps the hot back to the cold for a user determined number of seconds. That way all the cold water sitting in the hot line gets sent back into the home system. No water wasted.

Try a google search on bosch aquastar. They have undersink units tat fit the bill.