Looking for book suggestions for home repair

Would anyone know of any good books that would provide step-by-step guides on how to accomplish a variety of home repairs? My skill level probably doesn't even reach competent do-it-yourself so if there are decent books out there, they would have to be fairly detailed.
Right now, I'm interested in figuring out how to replace 1X6 fascia trim and soffits. Don't know if I have to remove the aluminum flashing/drip edge to remove and replace or what kind of wood I should use.
I assume that the fascia is nailed into the ends of trusses/rafters (?) but wonder what the soffit is nailed to if the trusses come out at an angle.
I know these questions probably sound like pretty basic stuff to most people which is why I probably need to see some pictures or at least diagrams of these things before I can even decide to try to tackle them.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Emailed suggestions are welcome as well.
Raymond wrote:

I suggest you stop by one of the DIY stores, the big ones. They have some good books there. The offer good books at a good price because it is good for their business.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
<< Would anyone know of any good books that would provide step-by-step guides on how to accomplish a variety of home repairs? >>
One book cited by many of the folks in this NG is the Readers Digest DIY Manual, ISBN 0 89577-378-3. Beyond this, you owe it to yourself to head for your local library and take along a note pad while you survey the many volumes available. Then head for the nearest B & N or similar bookstore and start building your own reference shelf, buying specialized books as you need them.
<< Right now, I'm interested in figuring out how to replace 1X6 fascia trim and soffits. >>
1) Rent some scaffolding.         2) Climb on the scaffolding and disassemble a portion of the soffit/fascia needing repair. 3) Enlist some friendly help, maybe a handy friend 4) Measure the area needing new stuff. 5) Buy and install the new material. 6) Pay off friend with a decent beverage, help on future projects, etc. 7) Keep reading this NG and similar for ideas and opinions. Good luck.
Joe

I'll second that! Very good book for the novice DIY!
Here is one on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryA864&itemq02943459&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Ooops!
That's the CD-Rom, but it's based on the book.....
wrote