Looking for an electrical work book

I took Electrical Construction and Maintenance back in 1980. There was a loose leaf workbook that focused on just the residential parts of the code. Each section showed a part of a residential aspect of the National Electric Code. It had a section on service, pools, outside wiring, kitchen. I have called the tech school library and our local library here in town. I am waiting to hear back from both.

Just a shot that someone here might know what the book may be called. I have Googled for a book on NEC residential, but nothing I have found so are seems to be the book.

-- O'Neil to General Hammond: For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Reply to
Metspitzer

It sounds like the NEC Handbook, which is an illustrated guide with common sense explanations. But other companies offer them besides the NEC, it's probably one of those. My electrician friend gets one that is particulary nice, with color illustrations, I'll ask him who publishes it.

Reply to
DT

I am sure it is not the NEC Handbook. That book is really good, but it covers all of electrical work.

The book I am looking for covers NEC for residential work only.

Reply to
Metspitzer

I know what you're talking about... but I can't remember who publishes it either :/

nate

Reply to
N8N

This is not the exact book that you are looking for but take a look at

on Amazon.com, maybe it will suffice.

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Maybe. The library called and they are getting this book for me:

Wiring Residential: Based on the 2005 National Electric Code

I don't know if it is the one either, but I am sure it will cover it.

Thanks everyone

Reply to
Metspitzer

The best resource I have seen for an illustrated explanation of the NEC code is Mike Holt's "understanding The National Electrical Code Vol. 1. All of Mike's material is first rate.

SRN

Electrical Wiring Residential: Based on the 2005 National Electric

Good idea to have a book the same as the NEC that is being enforced - probably not 2005. There are a lot of books out there. (I don't know which ones are good.)

The NFPA puts out a residential version of the NEC. I presume it has the same basic organization, which is a problem for people not familiar with the code. The requirements for installing a new outlet are scattered in many locations.

Reply to
bud--