Looking for a source for steel balls

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive. I need to get 50-100 of them.
It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well, except for the joy of a game that finally works...
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
that work?
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Yes, thanks. I did a google search, and I kept getting 50 click throughs and not finding what I needed. Why didn't I think of Amazon?
On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:51:35 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Wouldn't it be easier to wear a cup? :-)
This place has plain steel or stainless, and many other materials too:
www.smallparts.com
HTH,
Paul F.

Thanks! I should have learned from IronBalls McGinty...
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Remember, it takes leather balls to play rugby.
If you don't get a source here, try on rec crafts metalworking (also a usenet group). Some very fine people there, who may help out. They would also maybe have some steel balls among them. Hope you have a lot of fun, playing with your 50 to 100 balls.
While I'm close to the subject. The old song "do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro" was originally colonial military song. It wasn't ears, it was musket balls.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Thanks, great suggestion. I will do that.
Interesting piece of history, by the way...
Glad to help.
http://www.google.com/products?q=steel+ball+1%2F2+inch+diameter+&hl=en&aq=f
Google products search. Third item was 100 eaches 1/2 diameter balls, $19.95 at Ebay, free shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/100-1%2f2%22-inch-Diameter-Chrome-Steel-Bearing-Balls-G25_W0QQitemZ110380315899QQcmdZViewItem
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

local ball bearing supply company. call a few places shop around for lowest price
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You can get about 1,000 half-inch [glass] marbles for $25 here:
http://www.megaglass.com/c/marbles.html?source words&gclid=CJizpO-DlJwCFREnxwodLUktwg
You can scatter about 500 in an evil-doers yard so that anyone standing near as he cuts his grass will be killed.

Uhhh.... depending upon use (and country of origin) how about USMC, Royal Dutch Commandos or JTF2?
Doug Brown wrote:

You have no idea how much I resisted posting the same sort of thing. Don't forget my Limey friends The SAS. My parents, brother and great uncle were US Army. Skinny brother was Green Beret. They weren't commandos.
TDD

After I pressed "send" I realized that all these fine folks have more than 1/2" - 5/8" "anatomical features" and I'm grateful that no-one sent "buddy" here to straighten me out :).
Doug Brown wrote:

It's called "premature postification", *snicker*
TDD