Looking for a paint gun

I bought an air compressor for automotive tools, but I'd now like to use it for a paint gun. I'm looking for something that will let me paint bicycles, children's wagons, &c. But I'd like to use it to stain the house or paint the inside walls if possible. Is there a single gun that will do all this? What do you think about this gun?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Michael

Get a HVLP or at least a top feed gun instead.

What size is your compressor?

Reply to
scott21230

6 hp 33 gallon.

Will an HVLP do both kinds of jobs, painting metal and painting a room?

Reply to
Michael

I don't profess to be a paint expert, but.... The Spray Gun you have pictured, or something similar will no doubt be fine for spraying bikes, wagons, applying thinned stains, but not really designed for spraying paints such as interior, or exterior House Paints "ala Wagner".

Your compressor will be fine for the task with this Gun provided you have a regulator to reduce line pressur to 40psi. (You probably do) Another important acessory your going to need, will be a water separator in the line. Mark

Reply to
Mark D

Thanks, Mark. I appreciate the help. What about spraying polyurethane? Do you think the pictured gun can handle that?

Looks like I'll need to buy two guns. More tools.

Mike

Reply to
Michael

Hi Mike, I think that yes, the gun you pictured has the ability to spray Poly paints.

If my thinking is correct, Poly paints can be used to spray paint things such as Guitars, etc.

As far as a small paint Sprayer for Home use goes, I myself never felt the big need of having one, as I find them more a pain than a pleasure to use many times.

I certainly wouldn't ever want to use one for indoor use, and I think their biggest advantage would be when painting large areas quickly, with a minimum use of paint (ie: Whole Houses, Barns, Utility Sheds, Garages, etc)

In those cases, these sprayers are a huge help. Mark

Reply to
Mark D

"Michael" wrote

It is impossible for a man to have too many guns, fishing poles, or tools.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

i bought a siphon 1 quart paint gun at walmart a few years ago in a pinch..it was about 80.00 . ive painted some cars ,engines, put stain on buildings and its worked fine. youd have alot of overspray if maybe painting interior walls .i use a 2 hp 12 gallon sears compressor when out in the feild. lucas

ds549

I completely agree with you. Thanks for the help guys.

Mike

Reply to
Michael